SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Systems, you will be responsible for the smooth implementation, integration and maintenance of software systems across Sussex Innovation. Your work will support our consultancy, finance, marketing and facilities teams in providing world class business innovation and advisory services to start-ups, SMEs, students and academics from our headquarters at the University of Sussex.
Following a recent restructure, an opportunity has arisen within the Finance and Systems team for an IT Systems and Project Manager. We are embarking on a finance transformation plan, embracing digital technology and best practice processes to drive business insights and a culture of continuous improvement.
Your primary role will involve managing, maintaining and interfacing between predominantly cloud-based applications, including HubSpot CRM, SAGE accounting and Asana project planning software. Additionally, you will support the training of staff, problem solving and responding to complex reporting requirements for major external grant-funded projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You will be customer-centric in your approach, with excellent communication and change management skills to help drive adoption of new systems. You will use your analytical and problem-solving capabilities to improve processes, systems and develop organisational learning.
Specific duties include:
- Integrating our current systems and applications to facilitate better end-user experience
- Working closely with colleagues to develop use cases and oversee the timely management of change requests
- Using Agile project methodology, manage the roll-out of new systems or systems upgrades, including testing, overseeing UAT and end-user training
- Documentation of processes to drive process optimisation and efficiency
- Data quality management
- Supporting programme reporting requirements for major external grant funders
- Liaising with our Business Insights Analyst to improve management reporting
- Working with our external IT provider to ensure joined-up thinking across all IT and Systems
Essential capabilities include:
- Experience overseeing cloud-based enterprise software – see below for a full list of preferred experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office365 products and SharePoint
- Excellent Excel and VBA skills
- Automating workflows and approvals
- Document management systemisation
- UX design
- Systems integration and implementation
- Excellent communication and change management skills
Desired capabilities include:
- Experience with HubSpot CRM
- Experience with SAGE accounting software and add-ons
- Experience with Asana project management tools
- Experience with Fellow meeting management tools
- Experience with Harvest time sheeting tools
- Experience with Zapier or similar API platforms
- ITIL accreditation and process standardisation
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Project management accreditation (e.g. Agile, PMP, PRINCE2, APM)
WHAT WE OFFER:
A great working environment with an organisation that values our teams’ abilities, voices and unique differences. We have an inclusive and open culture driven by our values to support, educate and develop our people – embracing and prioritising diversity of talent, creative thinking and employee wellbeing.
We offer a salary of £28,000-£32,000p.a., depending on experience. We also offer a competitive package of benefits, including flexible working options, generous holidays increasing with service, private health care, life assurance, staff discounts to any of the available on-site services such as Sussex Sport. University campus facilities also include an Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ nursery, Little Pioneers, which is directly opposite the building.
Location: Based at the University of Sussex (close to Brighton), we also have a site in East Croydon, opposite the rail station. Successful candidates must be willing to work across our other sites when required.
Equal opportunities: Sussex Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of race, origin, colour, disability, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or marital status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that you will be required to demonstrate your right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to our Head of Finance and Systems, Fiona Bennett.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Friday 23rd September 2022