SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Active Sussex is the brand name of The Sussex County Sports Partnership Trust (SCSPT) and is one of 43 Active Partnerships across England. We work collaboratively with a range of partners to create the conditions for an active nation and use the power of sport and physical activity to transform lives at a local level.
We aim to address inequality and empower everyone to move more in a way that works for them, and our goal is that everyone across Sussex can access the health and wellbeing benefits of being active.
Active Sussex has a small but inspiring team that needs a new recruit to take on the challenges and rewards of helping the Trust work towards reducing inequalities through access to physical activity opportunities.
- You will be self-motivated and happy to work using your own initiative.
- You will have strong data management and research experience.
- You will have sound operational critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- You will be a real team player whose can-do attitude inspires and motivates others.
- You will ensure Active Sussex has, uses, and develops the most appropriate insight relating to physical activity levels and trends in Sussex.
- You will also work closely with the Marketing & Communications Officer to ensure effective communication of strategic messages around physical inactivity.
- You will deliver a high quality, effective and confidential business, and administrative support.
- Have responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of operational systems and policies.
Our online application form is split into the following sections:
- Personal information
- Your current/most recent position
- Relevant education, training, or professional qualifications
- Right to work in the UK
- How you meet the Essential Criteria
- Diversity Monitoring
- Final check
In order to make our processes as bias free as possible, we will be ‘blind-shortlisting’. This means that the shortlisting panel will only have access to and make their decision on who to shortlist based on the information you provide in Section 7 ‘How you meet the essential criteria’ of your application. Guidance for demonstrating how you meet the criteria is provided in the application form.
If you have any questions about completing the application, need support completing it, or require documents in an alternative format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07760 164 001.
Deadline for applications: 11:59pm, Thursday 9th March 2023
Interviews: Tuesday 21st March 2023 – we are planning to hold face to face interviews, however please state if a virtual interview would be preferable when completing your application.