Are you an experienced Marketing and Events Coordinator looking for your next challenge?
We’re looking for someone who is a creative and ambitious marketer with a keen interest in working in the innovation and co-working space industries. You would join our specialised team and be responsible for executing the organisation’s marketing strategy and managing the delivery of our calendar of events.
You will be working on delivering high quality digital marketing content to support the Sussex Innovation brand development and exposure across all channels. You will also assist with the project management and delivery of events designed to increase the brand and member engagement. Key responsibilities include creating digital content, pre-event logistics, social media scheduling, live event support, relevant reporting, evaluation, and follow-up activities.
Specific Duties Include:
- Event Coordination – Working with the Marketing and Partnerships manager to deliver the internal event strategy for Sussex Innovation.
- Content Creation: Working alongside the Marketing and Partnerships Manager to deliver marketing strategy campaigns, generating high-quality written content, including blog posts and email marketing campaigns, maintaining a consistent and professional tone. Ensuring content aligns with SEO best practices and resonates with the intended audience and developing creative assets for social media, articles, and website when required.
- Social Media – Responsible for the social media scheduling and posting via Later, ensuring posts go out on time and without errors. In addition to monitoring social media performance and engage with the audience to foster engagement and conversations.
- Newsletter – Assisting with the delivery of our newsletters. Using a combination of media monitoring and “spontaneous” interactions with our members to uncover news and company updates and liaising directly with the wider marketing team to arrange case studies, interviews, and video content when appropriate.
- Research – Staying up to date with the latest trends across the various social media channels and understanding the use of each social channel’s algorithm to ensure our content is in alignment.
- Cross-business Collaboration – Collaborate with internal teams to gather information and insights to support content creation including producing news articles, case studies, and white papers.
- Members’ Portal Management – Oversee our Members’ Portal; ensuring that all events are listed and updated, communicating with members directly, and generating conversations through curated posts.
- Community Engagement – As a forward facing member of the marketing team, you will be expected to engage with our members across our Falmer and Croydon sites. This will include inviting members to host events, interviewing members for written and video content purposes, and obtaining feedback from members regarding events.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in marketing and/or events, with a focus on content creation and/or event coordination.
- A creative mindset and a passion for driving engagement.
- Exceptional written English skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Confidence to work and engage with innovative companies of all scales.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- A strong organiser that can work independently to meet multiple, often competing deadlines.
- 1 to 2 years experience within a marketing and/or events role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications, Event Management, or a related field.
- Experience using a range of marketing and project management tools such as Canva, Hubspot, Later, Fellow, and Asana.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and experience of using SEO strategies, on-site SEO, keyword research and managing technical SEO projects.
- Experience of conducting desk-based and internet research to stay up to date with the latest marketing trends and undertake event procurement.
- Experience using website and design tools such as the Adobe Creative suite and WordPress.
- Being comfortable in front of the camera for content purposes.
- Competitive Salary: £23,000.00 – £27,000.00 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday increasing with service
- Flexible and Hybrid Working
- Private health insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Local Discounts
Location: You will be based at our Sussex Innovation headquarters on the University of Sussex campus in Falmer (close to Brighton) with opportunities to work remotely.
Equal opportunities: Sussex Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of race, origin, colour, disability, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or marital status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that you will be required to demonstrate your right to work in the UK.
Disability-Friendly Employer: As a Disability Confident employer, we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview.
Reasonable Adjustments: If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning us on 01273 704400 and speaking with the hiring manager.
How to Apply
We invite you to fill in the application form below; please include your CV, covering letter, and answer the three additional questions to help us get to know you better. Your application should provide evidence showing you meet the specification criteria, including examples of your relevant skills, abilities, experience, and knowledge which will enable you to carry out the job effectively. Please include experience gained through paid and unpaid work experience, education, training, and any hobbies and/or interests.
If you have any questions about the application form or process, please email “Marketing and Events Coordinator Application Questions” along with your name in the email subject to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.