SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
A modern and forward-thinking accountancy firm, Crypto Concepts Accounting is looking to employ an Assistant Manager to help provide proactive, expert accountancy advice and become part of our clients’ day-to-day team.
The business focuses on technology start-ups and scale ups, high net worth individuals, property and crypto clients. Through expert and bespoke consultation, we provide insight and advice to give clients the direction and confidence to follow the right path and deliver their business goals.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate will work closely with the director of the business to assist with day-to-day operations including regular client meetings, year-end accounts preparation, online accounting and bookkeeping, VAT preparation and management accounts. For the right person, the role has lots of career opportunities and may develop into a promotion to Manager, then Associate Director.
Specific Duties Include:
- Responsible for the preparation, review, and submission of VAT returns, including import/export of goods and margin scheme VAT returns
- Year-end financial accounts preparation, including, but not limited to limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns and assist to provide advisory services to clients
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and cashflow forecasts for clients
- Advise and support clients with cloud accounting software questions
- Help convert clients from manual bookkeeping systems to integrated cloud accounting systems
- Review bookkeeping and VAT returns on behalf of more junior staff
- Organise invoices, expenses, and expense forms into Dext
- Answer accounting questions from both clients and other members of staff
- Assist clients to be MTD compliant, supporting and training them on how to use cloud accounting software and helping migrate data to new systems
- Work with other staff members to ensure that client deadlines are met
- Prepare formal correspondence to various parties (Clients, HMRC, Banks, Companies House etc.)
Essential capabilities include:
- ACCA / ACA qualified or within a year of being qualified
- Minimum of 2 years practice experience
- Excellent knowledge of FRS 102 1A and FRS 105
- A strong focus and attention to detail
- Proactive approach to work prioritisation and time management
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Experience using different online accounting softwares with good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good technical VAT and personal tax knowledge and can keep knowledge up to date through continuous professional development
WHAT WE OFFER:
Location: Brighton/Falmer. Free parking available, or the office is a short walk from Falmer train station.
Office Hours: 36 Hours a week either spread over 4 or 5 days. Core office hours are 9:30am to 2:30pm, where additional hours can be worked at employee’s discretion. We are a 100% paperless office.
Lunch: Employee picks own lunch time based on client meetings. Minimum of 45 minutes, however, can take up to 90 minutes if desired.
Remote working: Once 3 months service has passed, this can be agreed, with up to 2 days working remotely.
Holiday: 23 days basic, plus bank holidays (increases by 1 day with each year of service up to 35 days).
Pension: Enrolment to our company pension scheme after 3 months of service.
Time Sheets: None needed generally on a day-to-day basis.
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to Chris Barnard, Crypto Concepts Accounting.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Friday 28th July 2023