To all Sussex Innovation members,
We hope that you, your employees, and everyone close to you are safe and well. These have been a challenging few weeks for everybody as we adjust to the many changes in our work and lives. Thank you to everyone for your cooperation and understanding while we have been managing the switch to remote working – it’s at times like these that we appreciate what a great community we have at Sussex Innovation.
After discussion with the University and taking into consideration the latest advice from Public Health England, we have made the difficult decision to withdraw all services from both locations including reception, restaurant, security, cleaning and maintenance as of tomorrow evening (Friday 27th March).
We have taken this decision as our facilities and cleaning staff are not key workers and therefore to comply with the national shutdown we are asking them to remain at home.
As we will not be able to support the safe efficient running of the buildings nor to ensure adequate hygiene or social distancing we are strongly recommending that those members who have not already transitioned to home working do so now.
Due to this decision, and as an interim measure to help our licensees and members better look after their cash flow, we will not be taking membership or licence fees by direct debit due on 1st April 2020. When we can all start returning to normal, we will inform you of the position on collection of membership or licence fees for this period.
We are in regular contact with the facilities management team at the University and building management at One Croydon to ensure that site security and any critical maintenance work continues to be carried out while both sites are empty.
Post will continue to be delivered to both sites, but will not be sorted or available for collection until we return to normal. Therefore, we recommend that you contact the post office and arrange redirects for your mail, particularly if you are expecting any important deliveries.
As before, we are doing everything we can to ensure business continuity and offer the same business consultancy and support services remotely. Our internal phone numbers should now be redirecting to mobile for most of our support team, but where possible please arrange phone consultations in advance via one of the following meeting reservation links:
– For strategic reviews and crisis management – Nigel Lambe
– For cash flow and tax questions – Jane Baker
– For advice on keeping sales revenue healthy – Simon Chuter
– For advice on managing pressure, maintaining team morale and wellbeing – Claire Pasquill
– For technical advice and support with remote working tools – Chris O’Hare
– For advice on maintaining communication with staff and clients – Joseph Bradfield
– For seeking working capital and investment – Laurence Grant
– For business pivots and modelling new business opportunities – Peter Lane
– For any other issues not addressed above – Helena Jevons [Helena can also connect you with advisor Monica Beckles, for information on employment law and HR management]
Our best to you all – stay safe and keep well.
Nigel Lambe, Chief Executive