P/T opportunity – 20-30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
As the first point of contact in our Falmer centre, the Receptionist plays a pivotal role in ensuring our tenants, members and visitors enjoy a professional, friendly, comfortable and efficient experience. Supporting the Community Manager and Building Supervisor, the post holder will maintain a distinguished reception and lobby area, with a focus on providing consistently high standards of customer service upon arrival and whilst in our centre.
The post-holder will ensure all visitors are treated with dignity and respect and act as advocate at all times, providing assistance and support where appropriate, addressing any queries or concerns directly or signposting visitors to the appropriate colleague. The Receptionist also provides general administrative support to Sussex Innovation and its members, and a range of other duties, including supporting events, managing meeting room bookings, telephone calls, post and email, all with a high attention to detail.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An organised, proactive and professional individual with a passion for people and excellent customer service. Essential criteria include:
- An individual who enjoys working closely with others and who can build relationships with staff and tenants
- The ability to multi-task and maintain a high attention to detail
- An organised and methodical individual with good administrative capabilities
- Courteous and polite, with excellent communication skills
- Experience operating in a front of house environment in a customer-facing site
- Experience of stock management and placing purchase orders
- A can-do and flexible approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Desirable criteria include:
- Experience of supporting events management
- Working knowledge of health and safety
- Experience working in a busy business centre or similar environment
Your key responsibilities include:
- Welcoming tenants and visitors to Sussex Innovation in a professional, friendly and respectful manner
- Building relationships with new tenants and members, and helping them integrate into the community
- Supporting events management planning and promotion, and working closely with the communications team to deliver a positive representation of Sussex Innovation
- Assisting visitors with directions to their venues where necessary and addressing any concerns raised
- Efficient management of inbound telephone calls for Sussex Innovation and its tenants, ensuring all calls are answered professionally and forwarded as appropriate
- Scheduling and re-scheduling room bookings on our facilities management software, preparing meeting rooms for tenants in line with their layout requests and clearing rooms after meetings in preparation for the next booking
- Assisting tenants and members with queries and any administrative or secretarial duties
- Providing tours of the centre to potential new tenants and supporting with tenant moves in and out of the building
- Managing and ordering office supplies (stationery and kitchen supplies)
- Ensuring that refreshments remain stocked for tenants and visitors
- Collecting and distributing post to tenant pigeonholes, checking and signing for deliveries, franking outgoing mail, and booking and managing couriers
- Managing the Reception email account, ensuring a professional and swift response to inbound emails
- Providing security passes for members and their guests
- Opening and closing the building when required
WHAT WE OFFER:
A great working environment with an organisation that values our teams’ abilities, voices and unique differences. We have an inclusive and open culture driven by our values to support, educate and develop our people – embracing and prioritising diversity of talent, creative thinking and employee wellbeing.
We offer a salary of c.£20,000-£24,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience. We also offer a competitive package of benefits, including flexible working options, generous holidays increasing with service, private health care, life assurance, staff discounts to any of the available on-site services such as Sussex Sport. University campus facilities also include an Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ nursery, Little Pioneers, which is directly opposite the building.
Location: Based at the University of Sussex (close to Brighton), we also have a site in East Croydon, opposite the rail station. Successful candidates must be willing to work across our other sites when required.
Equal opportunities: Sussex Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of race, origin, colour, disability, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy or marital status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you meet the essential criteria outlined above, we invite you to send an application email to Monica Beckles, enclosing your CV.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 2nd August, 2022
No agencies please