SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Active Sussex is the brand name of The Sussex County Sports Partnership Trust (SCSPT) and is one of 43 Active Partnerships across England. We work collaboratively with a range of partners to create the conditions for an active nation and use the power of sport and physical activity to transform lives at a local level.
We aim to address inequality and empower everyone to move more in a way that works for them, and our goal is that everyone across Sussex can access the health and wellbeing benefits of being active.
Active Sussex has a small but inspiring team that needs a new recruit to take on the challenges and rewards of helping the Trust work towards
reducing inequalities through access to physical activity opportunities.
- You will be self-motivated and happy to work using your own initiative.
- You will have sound financial reporting and grant management experience.
- You will have robust bookkeeping experience, proven skills in VAT and supporting external audit preparation/requirements, and knowledge of
statutory compliance processes.
- You will be a real team player with a can-do attitude.
- Responsible for the finance, governance and grants administration functions at Active Sussex.
- Establish and maintain smooth financial administrative processes for the organisation, including payroll and pensions.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Trustees in the areas of finance, financial control and risk management to
ensure that Active Sussex is legally compliant and has sound governance.
- Responsible for providing information to the Trusts’ auditors for end of year accounts.
- Contribute to Trust’s business planning and performance management and improvement processes as appropriate.
Please visit the Active Sussex website (link below) to download a recruitment pack with more details on the key responsibilities and person specification.
Deadline for applications: 12pm, Monday 19th June 2023
Interviews: via Zoom on Tuesday 27th June 2023