Digital care technologies can enhance the independence, care and comfort of residents living in sheltered housing. As these technologies are being rolled out in sheltered housing schemes across the UK, environmental sustainability and efficiency are becoming increasingly important requirements. How can we maximise the social benefits of digital care technologies while also reducing costs and environmental impacts?
Join our interactive practitioner workshop to gain practical insights into how digital care technologies can be used in more effective and sustainable ways, to create benefits for users, organisations, and the environment.
Building on the key findings of a collaborative research project, our workshop will cover:
• Key issues when using digital care technologies in sheltered housing
• How to bridge the gap between providers’ expectations of how digital care technologies will be used and how they are used in practice by residents
• How to better coordinate the different responsibilities and contributions needed to use digital technologies with greater care for people and the environment
• How to address the sustainability impacts and enhance the environmental potential of digital care
• The key gaps in responsibilities for how digital technologies are currently introduced and used in sheltered housing
If you would like to attend the workshop, please register via Eventbrite before 3rd September 2023. Places for the workshop are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.