Pastel BioScience is developing a totally novel biomarker discovery and validation platform which will have the following characteristics:
– simple, easy to use instrumentation and bioinformatics;
– able to rapidly detect and identify all human proteins;
– able to rapidly detect and quantify virtually all proteins from any organism;
– capable of discovering previously unknown proteins;
– able to detect post-translational modifications;
– with the ultimate in high sensitivity detection.
Not based on either mass spectrometry, gel electrophoresis, ELISA or microarray technology, InVenio™ is expected to be a “game-changing” platform for the proteomics market and revolutionise protein biomarker discovery just as the next-gen DNA sequencing platforms have done for genomics.